The dental bonding procedure offered by our Pennington dental specialists is frequently used to correct the appearance of a chipped or discolored tooth. It can be also used to close gaps between teeth, to make teeth look longer or to alter the color or shape of teeth. Often times, composite bonding is used as a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings or to protect a tooth’s root that has been exposed.
The process of dental bonding can be used to fix the following dental problems:
• To fix decayed teeth (can be used to fill cavities)
• To repair chipped or cracked teeth
• To correct the appearance of discolored teeth
• To close gaps between teeth
• To make teeth look longer
• To alter the shape of teeth
• As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
• To protect a tooth’s root that has been exposed
The dental bonding procedure requires almost no preparation. The use of anesthesia is usually not required unless the bonding is being used to fill a decayed tooth. Your Pennington dentist will closely match the color of the composite resin to your existing teeth as to negate any noticable difference.
A consultation with your dentist will determine how dental bonding can help you. Your dentist will conduct an examination of your teeth that may involve an evaluation of your teeth and gums, and x-rays. During your consultation, your dentist will discuss if you are being affected by the cosmetic problems that bonding can resolve. If you have teeth that are severely damaged, your dentist may recommend different restorative or cosmetic procedures.